Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What happens when it melts?




I was watching the morning news and there was a short segment with the above video about a guy who created a 35ft, 100ft long ice wall in his back yard. He shoots water at it 24/7 using a robot and program he wrote himself. It's a very cool creation and it's touted as "science as art".


Here's the thing, the way my mind works is all I could think of is "where does he think all that water is going to go when that thing melts?". I envision a flooded basement/crawlspace, landscaping being washed away into the street and all kinds of other home maintenance problems.


In my classes and the talks I give to groups, one of my most often repeated reminders is "water is the greatest enemy of your home".


I hope he has a plan for the run off come spring! In the meantime enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.