Steps to turning on your system. Refer to the picture below for a graphic representation of these steps.
- Starting with your back flow device (or system) close all of the valves EXCEPT the shut-off valves located at the inlet and outlet of your back flow device.
- Tighten drain cap located on the back flow system.
- Turn on the main shut-off valve located at the connection to the main water line.
- Listen for running water! This will indicate you missed a valve!
- Test each zone individually by manually turning on one zone valve at a time and testing that zone.
- Adjust, clean or repair sprinkler heads as needed. Be sure to turn off the water to the zone before removing the sprinkler head or making any repairs.
- Make all required adjustments to your controller.