Thursday, September 9, 2010

Discount Home Improvement Supplies in Denver

My field trip last Friday was a big success.  I'm very grateful to my friend, Eileen, who joined me and was instrumental in turning me on to many of these places.  We had a fun day except for our run in with salty licorice we bought at a small deli in North Denver.  It turns out that the deli was owned by a Dutch woman and apparently that is how they like there licorice.  I won't be adding that to my list of favorite candies anytime soon.

Here is a list of the places we visited and a few comments about each place.  If you have a favorite place that isn't on my list I'd sure like to hear about it.

Habitat for Humanity Home Improvement Outlets
http://www.habitatoutlet.org/index.html
Habitat outlets are my personal favorites and usually the first place I check when I’m looking for discounted items. I like that my purchase goes towards supporting a cause that is important to me.  I find plenty of things here to use in my classes.  You have to go frequently if you want to take advantage of large quantities or new items.  The inventory changes all the time.

Denver Outlet
70 Rio Grande Blvd.
Denver, CO 80223
303.722.5863

Wheat Ridge Outlet
10625 W. I-70 Frontage Rd N.
(Between Kipling and Ward)
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
303.421.5300

Kitchen Cabinet Superstore
buynewkitchen.com
Great selection of new, used and discontinued cabinets.  We found 2 sections of cabinets with drawers for our kitchen here that even matched the finish.  Cost was just over ½ the price of unfinished cabinets at home depot.
Friendly, helpful service.
1696 West Evans Avenue,
Englewood, CO 80110-1017
(303) 777-0182

Ron Schrantz Carpets and Flooring
ronschrantzcarpets.com
I had never been here before and I enjoyed the experience.  The staff was friendly and very helpful.  You can find good carpet at a good price.  They have remnants, too and good deals on laminate and hardwood flooring too.
1841 W Evans Ave # A,
Denver, CO 80223
(303) 937-1699 

Mr Breaker
mrbreaker.com
I was so excited to learn of this place.  Thanks to my friend Eileen for sharing this place with me.  If you have an older home with old electrical service panels and breakers, this is the place for you.  They sell re-conditioned and new electrical breakers.  The owners are wonderful people, friendly service that just can’t be matched. 
3423 W 1st Ave,
Denver, CO 80219-1407
(303) 934-4160 

Extra Building Materials
extrabuild.com
This place is a little out of the way and not easy to find but they have just about anything you might want.  If you are in the market for interior trim, doors, windows or miscellaneous building materials you should visit here first.  Plenty of friendly, helpful employees.
400 West 53rd Place
Denver, CO 80216-1625
(303) 296-8090

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.