My favorite by far was The Green Collar Crew, they are an energy audit company with some great products. As an added bonus the owners are both women whom I hope to do some collaboration with in the future. Here is a quick summary of what they are offering:
Home Energy and Health Audits
- Energy Consultation for $99 that includes a visual inspection, thermal imaging and an energy bill analysis
- Energy Assessment for $199 that includes a blower door test, heating and cooling assessment and an indoor air quality assessment.
- Comprehensive Evaluation for $399 it includes everything above plus a room by room evaluation, advanced thermal imaging and a full safety test of all gas-fired appliances.
Some of the Quikrete products I like:
- Polyurethane Self-Leveling Sealant - We used this on our driveway to seal some cracks and expansion joints. It turned out just wonderfully and it was easy to use.
- Fast Setting Concrete Mix - This stuff doesn't require any mixing and it really works. We used it to set posts for a railing for an exterior stairway. It was especially nice because we had to set 8 posts on the side of a hill.
- Patio Pave Jointing Sand - We used this between the pavers on the walkway from our house to our new gazebo. It sets up very nicely and it has survived the winter very well.
Complete Basement Systems Inc., These folks were also very helpful and answered all of my many questions. If you are having problems with moisture or mold in your basement, would like to turn your crawlspace or basement into 'conditioned' space, or need solutions to basement problems in general, I recommend you contact them. They can do radon and mold mitigation systems along with handling structural problems as well.
If you have a chance to attend the show and would like to share information about other exhibitors or products you liked, please contact me with the information and I'll add it to this post.
If you're interested in learning more about home improvement, home maintenance or home repair you why not register for one of my upcoming home improvement classes. You'll not only save money but you'll save time and gain peace of mind about your home.
Workshop for Women