Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Kitchen Remodel - Countertop stuff

I have been remiss and have not posted our progress as it was happening.  With Thanksgiving coming and the push to get everything done I just didn't take the time to keep you all updated.  I'm going to do the remaining posts as several different posts just to keep the pictures and commentary separated.

In a previous post I showed the base cabinets installed which needed to be completed to allow for a template to be created for the cutting of our new granite countertop.  Unfortunately I did not get pictures of the process of creating the template,  but I have to say it was very clever.  The young man who came by was quick and efficient and used a piece of plastic coated corrugated cardboard to create the template. Very nicely done.

I don't believe I talked about our adventure in choosing the granite slab for our counter-top.  We purchased our counter-top through Project Professionals (huge thanks to Jessica Padilla) who sent us to Bedrosians to pick out our granite slab.  I won't go into the long drawn out process I went through in my head to finally agree to granite let's just say I am SO glad I did.

Here's a picture of samples I was using to choose floor tile and granite colors.


I'll tell you, walking through the warehouse looking at all the granite slabs was just amazing.  They are all so beautiful and breathtaking, it's hard to choose the one you want.  It took us about 45 minutes to finally decide. Here's a picture of our very own slab before the shipped it to Cutting Edge Granite, who cut and installed it.

The picture does not do justice to the colors.  It really is beautiful.
While we were there we found some glass tile that matched perfectly to use in our back splash.




The next post will show pictures with the upper cabinets installed and some of the counter-top as it was installed.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.